RIAFC Group Pricing for Firefighter Physicals
The RIAFC has coordinated with Concentra for group pricing for firefighter physicals through their two participating RI locations in Providence and the Warwick Mall.
Three types of physicals, with variations, are offered. SAFER Grant 1582 physicals are offered along with baseline and annual examinations. Fire Departments interested in participating should download the following instruction sheet and two separate fire department registration and authorization forms.
Other forms that need to be brought to the physical include the following immunization form
and, for the SAFER 1582 physicals always bring the following
Pricing for the physicals will vary based on the age of the candidate, chest X Ray need and the need for vaccinations and titers (proof required). Current pricing is reflected in the following list of services in the program.
HARRISVILLE FIRE DISTRICT
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS TO ESTABLISH A POTENTIAL
HIRING LIST FOR THE POSITION OF EMT/FIREFIGHTER
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Eighteen years of age
- Valid RI Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced EMT-Cardiac (AEMT-C) or Paramedic license issued by the RI Department of Health at the time of appointment
- Valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Valid RI Association of Fire Chiefs (RIAFC) Physical Performance Assessment Test certification*
- RI Association of Fire Chiefs Firefighter Entry Level Written Examination results with a score greater than or equal to 70*
*Go to www.rifirechiefs.com for registration information and test dates
Application and job description may be obtained:
- Harrisville Fire District Office
115 Central Street
Harrisville, RI 02830
Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Beginning April 12, 2021
- Application is also available on the Harrisville Fire District web site: harrisvilleri.org
- The Harrisville Fire District reserves the right to maintain or abolish the potential hiring list as determined by the operating committee.
Application and résumé must be returned in a sealed envelope marked:
- EMT/FIREFIGHTER, to the Harrisville Fire District Office no later than 3:00 PM on
Friday May 21, 2021
- Please include copies of the following:
- High school diploma
- Valid RI Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced EMT-Cardiac (AEMT-C) or Paramedic license issued by the RI Department of Health
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid RIAFC Physical Performance Assessment certification
- RI Association of Fire Chiefs Firefighter Entry Level Written Examination results with a score greater than or equal to 70
- Current résumé
Ronald W. Slocum, Chairman
Harrisville Fire District
The Rhode Island Association of Fire Chiefs Foundation’s (RIAFC) scholarship program was developed to recruit and retain volunteers in response to a critical need identified by our Association’s volunteer fire departments and emergency medical services providers. The RIAFC scholarship program is funded by a 2018 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grant through the Department of Homeland Security.
There are 3 attachments that will explain our grant’s benefits (Chiefs Handout), describe the requirements and process (Admin Guide), and how to request funds (Request Form).
Our Grant Manager is the same team that managed our 1st SAFER Grant. The Adapt Team is always available to answer your questions at either 855-VOLFIRE, or at Benefits@Volunteerfirefighter.org.