Mark posts you would like to have appear in the jobs page.
For more information click on the following link
City of Pawtucket Announces Firefighter Recruitment
Applications to be Accepted from December 1st to December 31st
Pawtucket – Mayor Donald R. Grebien, Public Safety Director Police Chief Tina Goncalves, and Pawtucket Fire Department Chief William Sisson have announced that the Fire Department will be accepting applications beginning December 1st, 2018 and ending December 31st, 2018.
“Pawtucket is a great community to live, work, and commit to public service” said Mayor Donald R. Grebien. “Becoming a firefighter is a rewarding experience and holds the great responsibility of protecting our citizens and our community. We hope you will join our team.”
“The Department consists of individuals whose selfless acts keeps our community safe. Being a firefighter is more than just a career,” said Chief Sisson. “We always welcome anyone who wants to join our team in protecting the residents that we serve.”
Requirements which must be met by candidates at the time of application include the following:
• Must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen.
• Must be a High School graduate or possess a General Education Diploma (GED).
• Must present a valid driver’s license.
• Must provide a certified copy of your driving record (no more than 60 days from application period) from your state of residence.
• Must provide a certified copy of your Bureau of Criminal Identification (B.C.I.) report (no more than 60 days from application period) from your state of residence.
• Must have a valid Rhode Island Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-Basic) License, EMT-Cardiac License, or Paramedic License. If you do not have one of the above RI licenses, you will need to have your National Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification pending a Rhode Island EMT-Basic License by the date of the Oral Interview.
• Must present a valid certificate of successful completion of the RI Association of Fire Chiefs Physical Performance Assessment (PPA) issued after April 1, 2018.
After submitting an application, candidates will start the examination process with a written examination on January 12, 2019. Oral Interviews will be held in February 2019. Candidates must also pass a psychological exam, physical exam and drug screening in order to be considered for the positions. Pawtucket residents (for the past three years) will receive five additional points in the overall hiring process if you pass the written exam.
Firefighter applications will only be accepted through www.FirefighterApp.com/Pawtucket/Fire. If you have any questions regarding the requirements, please contact the Personnel Office at 401-728-0500 ext. 235.