Mark posts you would like to have appear in the jobs page.
For complete details click on the link above to go directly to the Little Compton FD website
CITY OF WOONSOCKET, RHODE ISLAND
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
Paul A. Shatraw EMERGENCY
Fire Chief 911
Fire Department Employment Requirements
Written Test Requirements:
- Eighteen (18) years of age
- High School Graduate or RI Education Department equivalency
- Valid motor vehicle drivers license
- Pre-paid test fee
Oral Interview Test Requirements
- Score of 70 % or higher on the written exam
Pre-Conditional Employment Offer:
- Possess and present a valid up to date RI Physical Performance Assessment Certificate issued by the RI Fire Chiefs Association
- Possess and present a minimum RI EMT-Cardiac license or State of Rhode Island Sanctioned Equivalent License; or be currently enrolled in a Sanctioned RI EMT-Cardiac Course or State of Rhode Island Sanctioned Equivalent Course.
Post-Conditional Employment Offer:
- Successfully pass the following:
- Occupational Health Physical Examination
- Occupational Health Psychological Assessment
- Criminal background check
- Drug and Alcohol Screening
- Complete and agree to the terms and conditions of a Recruit Letter of Understanding to include but not limited to the following:
- The requirements of the Woonsocket Fire Department Training Academy
- The requirement of the Woonsocket Fire Department to be minimally licensed by the State of Rhode Island as an EMT-Cardiac or State of Rhode Island sanctioned equivalent within 365 days from the date of hire.
The Town of West Warwick is seeking a qualified candidate for the full-time paid position of Fire Chief.
West Warwick, Rhode Island is made up of 8 square miles and has a population of 29,000. The fire department is a paid department which operates with 4 platoons made up of 72 full-time employees.
The position of Fire Chief is an extremely responsible public safety management position. The Fire Chief works under the supervision of the Town Manager. The position requires excellent managerial skills and public relations skills. It also requires creativity and innovation and involves the solving of highly difficult problems where precedent is not available. Job functions include technical work in planning and directing all activities of the West Warwick Fire Department. The Chief is also responsible for administrative functions such as budget planning and grant applications/writing. He is also the EMA Director for the Town of West Warwick.
Applicants for the position of Fire Chief shall have graduated from a recognized college or university with a Bachelors degree in Fire Science, Public Administration and /or Business Management with no less than three (3) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a fire department.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest and detailed resume with salary history to Town of West Warwick, Human Resources, 1170 Main Street, West Warwick, RI 02893 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be received no later than close of business on Friday, April 27, 2018.
FIRE CHIEF JOB OPPORTUNITY
The North Smithfield Fire & Rescue Service Inc. in northern Rhode Island (pop. -12,000, 25 sq. mi) is seeking to fill the position of Fire Chief. It is a private non-profit 501-c 3 corporation overseen by a seven member civilian Board of Directors elected by membership. The Department is a full time paid service consisting of 23 cross-trained IAFF, NFPA certified Firefighters/and licensed EMT’s in an ALS Emergency Medical Service. It contracts with the Town of North Smithfield for the provision of Emergency Service. The Corporation Board of Directors is the appointing authority.
A Bachelor’s degree or higher in fire science, protection, public administration, or related discipline is preferred. The candidate shall have had at least 5 years of experience as Fire Captain, Chief Officer preferred; however, any combination equivalent to education and/or experience that provides the requisite knowledge and skills will be considered. Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience with incident command, labor relations, municipal finance, budgeting, planning, fire prevention, and progressive contemporary thinking in emergency service.
The Chief shall be able to demonstrate leadership skills within the profession and effectively communicate with all sectors and authorities in a knowledgeable, professional, and positive ethical manner.
RESUME AND COVER LETTER BY MAY 1, 2018 to: